Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 August 2012

A Quiet Place

I have been off all Social media for a couple of weeks - it's been a great time of re-connecting with my inner self and the things that are important to me. I like Facebook and I am blessed by the friends I have made, I love the platform it gives me to write, read and gain a deeper understanding of Naija politics, the state of the Church etc etc but in the blur of talking, reading, listening - we sometimes can lose sight of who we are, and what our dreams and visions are.

I've had a fab time chilling with GOD, spending some time hanging out with sonshine, catching up on work projects, reading loadsa fiction, going to the cinema (back-to-back nights of watching Dark Knight and Spiderman on the big screeen made my action-flick inner chick go ahhhhhhhhh with sheer joy), and generally just packing in a lot of non-serious stuff. Buuuuut NO more Starbucks! My waist-line canna take it! LOL!

I've re-connected with me, spent time cutting out the never-ending noisy din of the world to hear GOD's voice, to listen to my inner voice, to nurture my soul, to feed my spirit and to calm my mind.

I love writing but all I've been writing for a while now is such serious stuff that I've almost forgotten how to write 'romantic fiction'. Tis good to be serious but tis also great to also be light-hearted. This has been a pretty 'serious' year for me; I guess it's about time to re-embrace the not-so-serious again.

What are your passions? What are the dreams you've laid down, shut away, forgotten, decided are impossible/too difficult/or too late? It is never too late, you are never too old, gold medals are still within your reach - you just gotta reach out and grab em quickly. Life is for living - we only get one shot at it.

xx

No comments: