Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Blue and Yellow Labyrinth (aka IKEA)


Went to IKEA today. After 5 hours trapped in that mammoth blue and yellow labyrinth, trying to get past the hordes worshipping at the altar of consumerism, tramping long endless aisles stacked to the sky with dreary brown boxes, my feet hurt. My neck hurts. My back hurts. I hurt!. 

Now my living room and I are drowning under the weight of blue IKEA bags bursting with STUFF, and cardboard boxes filled with other items that someone (mee because handy son is in Uni) will have to put together. 

Why does IKEA have an obsession with DIY? I love the shop and furniture from there, but building it is a huge pain. Sooooooooo, are there any flatpack IKEA 'handy' men out there? I can pay in coffee & cake : )

2 groaning hours later : - 
Hammer, screwdrivers, drill, nails - all the tools of the trade spread forth before me. Tis clearly obvious the living room is under 'refurnishing reconstruction'. (Or should that be deconstruction???) How is it going? BADLY! With numerous unfinished projects spread around, spilling and creeping into insidious corners, it looks like this task will never ever get finished .. *sigh*

Well, the only silver lining in my IKEA cloud, is that the many hours hiking around the store should make up for missing out on my 3-5 mile daily walk – shouldn't they? *giggle

No comments: