Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 October 2012

A lil peek within - Runaway


Just a few thoughts and songs sloshing about in my head....

“Today we say goodbye to everything that was familiar, to everything that was comfortable. We are moving on. But just because we are leaving and it hurts (doesn't mean it's over). There are some people who are so much a part of us, they’ll be with us no matter what. They are our solid ground. Our North Star. And the small clear voices in our hearts that will be with us, always” ~ Castle.

"Home is the place you return to after being battered and bruised. Home is the welcome you cannot get anywhere else. Home is where you are always loved. Tis time to return home..." ~ Bucky

Sooooo, for some of the songs slipping & sliding about:

Andrew Belle - In My Veins 


Totally love this. It captures the way another person can sink so deeply into you and become such a part of your existence, it is almost impossible to yank 'em out. "Oh, you’re in my veins... And I cannot get you out... Everything will change, nothing goes as planned... Everything will break. People say goodbye in their own special way... Nothing stays the same..."


Take That - Patience



This is just so real and probably speaks/has spoken to everyone at one time or the other. Who hasn't been here; 'I can love you but just give me a lil time to get over my past. So, will you please kindly just have a lil patience .... *giggle*. "I know you wanna be my salvation... The one that I can always depend... It's complicated but understand me... Just try and have a little patience..."


Slow Moving Millie - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want 




I love this song - it gripped me my heart the very first time I heard it but it makes me cry. It is just so plantive and so melancholy. "So, for once in my life, let me get what I want. Lord knows it would be the first time..."


Fergie featuring Sean Kingston - Big Girls Don't Cry remix



Sean Kingston takes a pedestrian song from Fergie and lifts it to an interesting level - So is it true that big girls don't cry??? *wry smile*


Sixpence None The Richer - Don't Dream It's Over



Always loved this song. "You'll never see the end of the road while you're travelling with me ... Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum and I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart ..." Such beautiful words...



The Corrs - Runaway



One of my favourite songs ever. It resonates with me on so many levels - "Say it's true, there's nothing like me and you,  Not alone, tell me you feel it too,  And I would runaway with you. Cause I'm never gonna stop falling in love with you...". The song and I have a cute history - first the song spoke 'love', then 'pain', but now tis a slow careful 'beginning'... ;-) 


Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me




This song always makes me smile. It's so cute and sweet and innocent. It speaks to me of that very first kiss and love at its most innocent... "Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight... Lead me out on the moonlit floor... Lift you open hand... Strike up the band, and make the fireflies dance..."


Adele - Promise This




Adele turned this into an awesome song. "So empty... In the space between... And you came in... Turned the lights on... Spread your wings, cover me...Though I'm walking through the shadows... You are with me... And you comfort me... Promise this, if I die before I wake up..." A promise can be for a day, a lifetime, a long forever or an endless eternity ... 

So that is it - my head, my thoughts, a lil peek within. xx





No comments: